Friday, March 9, 2012

We all know the old adage "That will never happen to me!!!"  Well - let me tell you...NEVER say NEVER, and NEVER ask God "How much more are you gonna give me?"  Trust me when I tell you - he will give you WAY more than you EVER expected!!!


On December 8th, 2011, following a lumpectomy and a sentinal node disection, I was officially diagnosed with Stage III Invasive ductal Carcinoma, then a subsequent surgery revealed lymphovascular invasion with Metastic
Focus.  The GREAT news is that all of the cancer was removed....the BAD news was that I was about to start the biggest battle of my life - CHEMOTHERAPY!!!   May I just say....CANCER SUCKS!!!!


I went through x-rays, mammograms, bone scans, CT scans, ultrasounds....every kind of poking (and NOT the good kind!!!) that I could have possibly gone through...and the final plan of action was Chemo and Radiation.  12 weeks, every Friday, of Taxol, then 12 week of FAC (that's the ASS Kicker!!!!) 1 treatment every 21 days, then 6 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week.  I felt like I was in the middle of a nightmare that I would NEVER wake up from!!!!


I have, as of today, finished my 9th treatment of Taxol, so only 3 more then on to the ROUGH STUFF!!!  I'm tired, I'm sick, I've lost nearly 30 lbs as a result of the side effects of the Taxol....and I am TERRIFIED of FAC!!!!


Through it all however - I have to thank God for getting me this far, and I want to extend special thanks to those who have been by my side


My darling daughter
My Son
Kristin
My Sister Kelly
and My Sister Mel - for taking such good care of me!!!


Also a special thanks to someone I will just refer to as "groceries"....although he is no longer a part of my battle.  Explantion later!!!!


I have been staying with Mel for the last two weeks, as I finally had to go on short term disability, and she has taken such WONDERFUL care of me....however - I AM going home tomorrow for a few days to spend a few days with my son and I am sooooo excited!  I havent seen him in several weeks, and I cant wait to hug him tight!!


That's about it for tonight - and I will always close with prayer......


Thank you God - for the second good day in a row, thank you for the wonderful blessings you have bestowed on me, and thank you for all of the wonderful people you have blessed me with.  I pray for you to give me peace of mind and comfort and I lay my troubles at your feet.  In Jesus name I pray...Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment