Wednesday, November 14, 2012

cancer can be beautiful!!! model for a cause!!!

,
One of the most difficult lessons that I have had to learn over the last year is to try and find beauty even through the deepest darkenss.

As a breast cancer survivor, I am proud to say that God has carried me through quite possibly the most difficult, horrendous battle of my life.

Cancer robs a person of so much - health, happiness, self esteem, virility, and can make you feel like nothing more than a former shell of yourself.  This and so much more I have experienced, and I can only pray that through the Grace of God, I will grow to be a better, stronger, more compassionate person because of it.  

Right in the midst of something that crumbled my whole world - God brought Two Beautiful  Women into my life - Ginger O' Shields, and Brady Lockhart.  I was chosen to be the Model/Spokesperson for Southern Social Services Campaign for Breast Cancer awareness, and was awarded a photo shoot in return for their ability to use the photos in their campaign.

I have never met two more beautiful people in my life, and I am eternally grateful to them for showing me the beauty that still lives inside me even though I see nothing but a broken, monster when I look in the mirror.

Just look at the photos from the shoot - who wouldn't feel beautiful?

You can find Southern Social Services on Facebook, or their website at
                                        http://www.southernsocialservices.com
If you enjoy what you see - please support these ladies in any way you can - 
while the photo shoots may seem pricey - I can assure you that you will never have a more pampering, joyous experience in your life....they made me feel like a celebrity and to you 
Ginger and Brady - I owe a huge debt of gratitude

Thank you for allowing me to see that there is Light and Beauty in even the Darkest of Circumstances!

Please be sure to watch out for the Houston Local Edition of the Houston Chronicle on December 20th, where Southern Social Services and our Campaign will be featured in the Chronicle's Business of the Week Section!  So excited to see it published!!!

These are the actual Campaign Ads....Aren't they fantastic?













These are just a few EXTRA Shots that I absolutely adored!!!!








To my fellow breast cancer warriors

Britt Thomassen Figueroa, Kim McNabb Jorgensen, and Teresa AnaloroIArnold....Fight on Sisters! I love you all!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I never knew you posted this until now. What a remarkable piece, not because of the mention of me or my company but because you opened yourself up even beyond what you did in the studio. And, I have to say that going through my own devastating illnese with its own stigma, you give me more courage than you can know. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete